About Us

Brief History

There has been an Anglican presence in South Eleuthera since the late 1700s. In 1768 St. John's Parish, Harbour Island was established, and all of Eleuthera was included. In 1795 the island of Eleuthera was separated from Harbour Island into a separate parish which was called St. Patrick's.

When South Eleuthera was separated into its own Parish, the Parish Church was St. Mary Magdalene in Wemyss' Bight. In the 1960s the Parish name was changed to St. Luke's and the rectory was moved to Rock Sound.

Our Churches

St. Luke's is a multi-point Parish in the Anglican Diocese of The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands.

St. Columba, Tarpum Bay

St. Luke, Rock Sound

St. Michael and All Angels, Green Castle

St. Mary Magdalene, Wemyss' Bight

St. Joseph, Deep Creek

St. Mary the Virgin, Bannerman Town

Please contact us for Sunday service times and locations.